- Serves: 3 |
- Prep Time: ~10 min |
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 383 kcal
- Carbs: 57.3 g.
- Fat: 9.1 g.
- Protein: 17.8 g.
- Fiber: 9.4 g.
- Sugar: 3 g.
- 1 14-oz. block firm tofu (drained) 6 cups vegetable broth (see recipe)
- 3 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp. or ½-inch minced ginger
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3 cups mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 cups gluten-free rice noodles
- 1 cup raw bean sprouts
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup bok choy (chopped, optional)
- 1 cup cabbage (chopped, optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Total number of ingredients: 15
- Cut the tofu into ¼-inch cubes and set it aside.
- Take a deep saucepan and heat the vegetable broth, green onions, and ginger over medium-high heat.
- Boil for 1 minute before reducing the heat to low; then cover the saucepan with a lid and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Take another frying pan and heat the olive oil in it over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the frying pan and cook until they are tender, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tofu, hoisin sauce, and sesame oil to the mushrooms.
- Heat until the sauce thickens in about around 5 minutes and remove the frying pan from the heat.
- Prepare the gluten-free rice noodles according to the package instructions.
- Top the rice noodles with a scoop of the tofu mushroom mixture, a generous amount of broth, and the bean sprouts.
- Add the carrots, and optional cabbage and/or bok choy (if desired), right before serving.
- Top with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy, or, store ingredients separately!