- Serves: 3 |
- Prep Time: ~25 min |
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 441 kcal
- Carbs: 36.3 g.
- Fat: 23 g.
- Protein: 22,4 g.
- Fiber: 17.6 g.
- Sugar: 4.1 g.
- 1 cup dry black beans
- 1 8-oz. package tempeh
- 1 tbsp. lime or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- 1 large bunch of kale (chopped, fresh or frozen)
- 1 large avocado (peeled, pitted, diced)
- ½ cup salsa (see recipe) Salt and pepper to taste
Total number of ingredients: 13
- Prepare the beans according to the method.
- Cut the tempeh into ¼-inch cubes; then add the cut tempeh, lime or lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, maple syrup, chili powder, cumin, and paprika to a bowl.
- Stir well and let the tempeh marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour, up to 12 hours.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the marinated tempeh mixture and cook until brown and crispy on both sides, around 10 minutes.
- Put the chopped kale in a bowl with the cooked beans and prepared tempeh.
- Store, or serve the salad immediately, topped with salsa, avocado, and salt and pepper to taste.