- Serves: 2 |
- Prep Time: ~10 min |
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 262 kcal
- Carbs: 28.1 g.
- Fat: 9.6 g.
- Protein: 15.8 g.
- Fiber: 14.8 g.
- Sugar: 9.3 g.
- ½ cup dry lentils of choice
- 2 cups vegetable broth (see recipe)
- 3 cups mushrooms (thickly sliced)
- 1 cup sweet or purple onion (chopped)
- 4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic powder (or 3 garlic cloves, minced)
- ¼ tsp. chili flakes
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. cilantro (chopped)
- ½ cup arugula
- Salt and pepper to taste
Total number of ingredients: 12
- Sprout the lentils according to the method. (Don’t cook them).
- Place the vegetable stock in a deep saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Add the lentils to the boiling broth, cover the pan, and cook for about 5 minutes over low heat until the lentils are a bit tender.
- Remove the pan from heat and drain the excess water.
- Put a frying pan over high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the onions, garlic, and chili flakes, and cook until the onions are almost translucent, around 5 to 10 minutes while stirring.
- Add the mushrooms to the frying pan and mix in thoroughly. Continue cooking until the onions are completely translucent and the mushrooms have softened; remove the pan from the heat.
- Mix the lentils, onions, mushrooms, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and the remaining olive oil. Toss or stir to combine everything thoroughly.
- Serve the mushroom/onion mixture over some arugula in a bowl, adding salt and pepper to taste, or, store and enjoy later!