- Serves: 2 |
- Prep Time: ~20 min |
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 487 kcal.
- Carbs: 64.8 g.
- Fat: 15.5 g.
- Protein: 22.3 g.
- Fiber: 17.4 g.
- Sugar: 6 g.
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups dry navy beans
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 2 tsp. garlic (minced)
- 3 cups green or purple cabbage (chopped)
- 4 cups kale (chopped, fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup shredded carrot (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Total number of ingredients: 11
- Prepare the quinoa according to the recipe.
- Prepare the beans according to the method.
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped green onion, garlic, and cabbage, and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the kale, the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt. Lower the heat and cover until the greens have wilted, around 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the stove and set aside.
- Take a large bowl and mix the remaining ingredients with the kale and cabbage mixture once it has cooled down. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix until everything is distributed evenly.
- Serve topped with a dressing, or, store for later!